What is Solar Power International?
Solar Power International (SPI) is North America’s premier business-to-business event for professionals in solar energy and related fields. Thousands of solar energy industry professionals from 100+ countries attend along with more than 900 exhibiting companies from all vertical markets in the solar power spectrum.
We were able to check out the EPIC 1 MW of solar panels on top of the Orange County Convention Center. At the time, this array was the Southeastern United States’ largest rooftop solar installation.
NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT STOOD OUT:
- Glass-on-Glass BIPV (Building Integrated Photo-voltaic) alternatives
- Big emphasis on micro-inverters and optimizers
- Robot-operated Axis (Q-Botix) & Azimuthal trackers for commercial / industrial ground-mount systems
- New non-penetration racking for rooftop systems
- HCPV (High Concentrated Photo-voltaic) and CPV (Concentrated Photo-voltaic) technologies that will be commercialized very soon from companies like Siemens and Morgan Solar
- New cost-effective Flatplat solar thermal systems
- Modules enhanced with holograms redirecting optimized light to the mono-crystalline cells