Click here to see the complete December 2014 issue of the Solution.
Since 2008, we have been building a movement to turn IDEAS into Solutions that solve the environmental crisis by providing people of all ages with the opportunity to address the issues they find most pressing. Check out these highlights below from the IDEAS movement around the world in 2014.
* IDEAS For Togo Hosts Community Workshop for Clean Water
* IDEAS For Miami Plants on Pelican Island
* IDEAS Leaders Show Support for Renewable Energy on “Shout Out For Solar Day”
* The Hive Orlando Celebrate One Year Since Inception
* The Hive Launches in Tallahassee, Florida
* The New IDEAS initiative, Fleet Farming Hosts First “Swarm Ride” with Volunteers Tending to Local Farmlettes
* IDEAS Leaders from around the US attend Greening Forward’s environmentalist summit.
* Ricardo Williams wins Greening Forward’s #IYEYS Social Media Contest.
* IDEAS Leaders in Central Florida premiere the documentary short, “This is The Hive” (Directed by Karine Guilbert)
* Cape Verde National Forum Welcomes IDEAS Leaders
* IDEAS For Uganda Cleans and Plants at a Zoo
* IDEAS wins the Awesome Foundation Grant in Orlando For Project ReThink
* The Founder of AMP Brings IDEAS to Hawaii
* New IDEAS Chapter Builds Garden For Elementary School
* The Hive Tallahassee Works to Bring Healthy Food to Students
* Feed Hunger Now, HIVE Orlando, and USGBC Team Up to Build a Vermiponic System at the WRCC
* IDEAS For Benin Hosts Workshop On Climate Change and Renewable Energy
* IDEAS leaders participated in the 9th annual Central Florida Earth Day at Lake Eola Park.
* IDEAS Leaders Attend Branch Opening of First Green Bank.
* Chris Castro and Justin Vandenbroeck Speak on the steps of the Florida State Capital Building for the Solar Uprising Rally.
* IDEAS Screens the film, GMO OMG
* IDEAS For Makerere and OXMAK Unite Environmental Associations
* Tessa Schreiner Discusses IDEAS for USF
* IDEAS Vermiponics Project Airs on Local PBS Channel
* The City of Bridgeport and IDEAS leaders team up for Bike to Work Day
* IDEAS Executive Director Clayton Ferrara Journeys to Liberia.
* IDEAS for Benin Launches the Campaign “Stop Talking-Start Planting”
* 1,000 Trees Jax Wins Funds at One Spark
* IDEAS For UCF Rallies to Clean Central Florida Waterways
* IDEAS for KNUST aka Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
* Power Shift Summit in Ghana
* Project ReThink Wins First Ever Orlando SOUP
* IDEAS for UCF Leaders Receive Environmental Specialist Certifications
* IDEAS for WPHS Wins Second Place in First Green Bank Contest
* Samantha Ruiz Moderates Act On Climate Event in Hawaii
* Fleet Farming wins $5,000 Grant From Healthy Central Florida
* IDEAS Tours Harvest Power’s Innovative Anaerobic Digestion Facility
* IDEAS Joins Green List Hawaii
* IDEAS For Togo Launches Awareness Campaign on Water
* Serge Djohy Wins Essay Competition with his work, “Imagining the Future of Africa 2025″
* Clayton Ferrara Speaks on Behalf of IDEAS at Princeton University
* Tessa Schreiner Discusses “Why You Should Put Bees in Your Backyard”
* Mensa Tsedze Recaps the “Green Women Business” Project
* IDEAS For Us Joins 1% for the Planet
* Evodius Rutta from Tanzania Begins 4-month Trip to Work with IDEAS in the US.
* Ricardo Williams Releases Soundtrack to “This is The Hive”, Makes it Available for Free Download
* IDEAS For Uganda Hosts IDEAS International Director Christopher Stampar
* The Hive Orlando Explores the EPA’s Clean Power Plan and Project ReThink
* Ricardo Williams debuts “This is How You Save the World” video for the upcoming People’s Climate March.
* U.S. Green Chamber Announces its First Chapter with IDEAS Co-Founder Chris Castro
* IDEAS For Us Releases Promotional Video For the People’s Climate March
* IDEAS Shows Support for Bridgeport Solar Installation
* The Hive Orlando Discusses Energy Efficiency
* IDEAS For Uganda Hosts “Plant for the Planet” Workshop
* IDEAS For Us Holds Fundraiser at East End Market
* Ray Banson Grows IDEAS in the Philippines
* Ricardo Williams debuts “So Tell Me About the March” video to recap the recent People’s Climate March.
* The Solar Games Announces Partners at Clinton Global Initiative
* ALCDI Uganda’s Tree Planting, Environmental and Road Safety Awareness Week 2014.
* IDEAS Co-Founder Henry Harding Hosts Butts Up Boulder Campaign
* IDEAS For UCF Host First Ever Garden Party
* IDEAS For WPHS Host First General Meeting of the Year
* IDEAS For Us Releases Promotional Video in Support of the Florida Water & Land Legacy Amendment
* 1,000 Trees Jax Starts Planting & Gets Noticed!
* UCF Students Launch #GoGreenUCF Social Media Campaign
* IDEAS For Togo Attends “One Young World Dublin 2014″
* IDEAS For UCF Host Bikes Save CO2 Event
* IDEAS For Energy Access Attends UN Summit in Washington D.C.
* IDEAS For UCF Hosts Wekiva Clean-Up
* Water and Land Conservation Amendment Wins in Florida
* IDEAS For KNUST Host Talk on Cholera
* IDEAS For Binghamton Host Photo Campaign on Food Justice and Nutrition
* IDEAS For Us Accepts $5,000 Donation from Agrarian Land and Pond
* IDEAS For Energy Access Announces New Partnership with SunFarmer
* Miss Earth Florida 2015 Joins IDEAS
* Chris Castro and Justin Vandenbroeck meet with Facebook, SunFarmer, and SunEdison to talk Energy Access
* IDEAS For Kenya Host Massive Clean-up
* Project ReThink used reverse graffiti to raise awareness in downtown Orlando by leaving messages on dirty walls like “Turn Down For Watt”
The IDEAS movement has been active for over 6 years and operated in 37 countries around the world. With 48 environmental solutions created and 9 major awards received, IDEAS For Us is fueled by 100% volunteer power. Click here to make a tax deductible donation and keep our momentum growing strong in 2015. http://www.ideasforus.org/donate